Senior Data Engineer - Machine Learning
Your favourite drink? Regardless of what it is - it could well be that it was manufactured with the aid of our digitalization solutions.
Why? Because Syskron GmbH is a proud part of Krones.digital - an international community of technology enthusiasts within the Krones Group. We are all united by one great mission: to lead the beverage and food industry into a sustainable future and to optimize production wherever there is still room for improvement.
How do we achieve this? With people who are passionate about their ideas and want to build something big together. With a managing director with whom you are on first name terms. With creative freedom and an inspiring working environment. And last but not least: with really wonderful people.
Become part of our Krones.digital community and support us as Senior Data Engineer - Machine Learning!
- Based on stakeholder needs and system requirements you design and build efficient data architectures for storage and processing to enable the implementation of AI solutions.
- In the context of AI use cases, you monitor and manage all aspects of system security, performance, storage, incidents, usage, backup and recovery for databases, AI-applications, and infrastructure on AWS.
- You build and automate the needed infrastructure required for our machine learning pipelines and ETL processes using infrastructure as code (IaC).
- You work closely with product owners and our Data Scientists to understand their data needs and how to best meet them.
- You take responsibility implementing data engineering best practices within the AI team and raise awareness among different stakeholders.
- You develop software with high code quality (reliable, maintainable, efficient, secure, thoroughly documented and tested).
- You manage data flows in the cloud, build scalable pipelines and visualize them.
- In consideration of performance, robustness and costs, you optimize and improve existing infrastructure, feature- and data processes.
- You have successfully completed studies in the field of IT, computer science, mathematics or a similar quantitative area.
- You have several years of experience with data modelling and data engineering for data- & compute-intensive applications as well as working proficiency in batch and streaming technologies.
- You have deep knowledge on conventional and big data storages and access with methods, solutions and tooling (e.g., SQL, Elastic stack, Spark, ETL tools, …).
- You have experience as a data engineer with good knowledge in cloud-based services, programming with Python, working with big data technologies like Hadoop/ Spark and working with container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes, …
- You have hands-on experience in designing, building and managing data pipelines, while following best practices for security, CI/CD and monitoring and alerting.
- Ideally, you have an ‘AWS Certified Data Analytics - Specialty’ or an ‘AWS Certified Database Specialty’ certificate
- In addition to your strong team spirit, you have a motivating and supportive personality.
- Communication is easy for you in German as well as in English, as you are fluent in both languages.
If this sounds interesting to you, we really would like to get to know you!
You can submit your application in German or in English.
Do you have any further questions? For more information please call +49 9431 79857-1111.
To be able to process your application efficiently and promptly, we would kindly ask you to use our online form.